Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'd be lying if I said my name was Jackaroy...

I meet tons of people on a daily basis.  It is quite a learning experience on how to deal with certain types of personalities.   I've met the "you are so quiet are you even alive" personality, those you have to pound with questions to get them to talk to you.  Eventually they come around and it is nice to have conversations with them.  Then there is the "I am SO hilarious" personality.  These people can either be super funny or super annoying.  Either way you are going to laugh or make so much fun of them that you make yourself laugh.  Then you have the "everything you've done, I've done better" personality.  These are the people you just listen and nod because no matter what you say they've somehow done it 100 times better.  These personalities drive me crazy.  But the personality the is the most annoying which I have encountered entirely too much lately is the, "I've done all these amazing things, non of which are true, so everything that comes out of my mouth is a lie" personality.  With that being said, let my rant begin!

Bottom line:  I have an utter dislike for liars!!!!  I do realize there are certain situations people encounter in their lives where they must lie.  For example, a child asking where babies come from.  A parent is going to make up a white lie for the sake of not scarring the child at a young age.  Acceptable.  These people are not creating the lie to compensate for their meager existence but to help not create chaos.  But if you are an ADULT who has to lie to other ADULTS to impress them, you seriously need to get in check with reality.   I personally do not care where you don't work and how much you don't make, where you did not go to school and what collegiate sports you did not play, where you were going to go and what you were going to do.  There is no person on the face of the planet that is worth loosing your self worth over because you must impress them with your tales of crap that never happened!

So if you ever encounter this personality, RUN!  These people are exhausting and will waste precious minutes of your life babbling over things that are not true.


1 comment: